Monday, October 23, 2006

Looking Forward to an Upcoming Visit!!!!

I've known for the past few weeks that my sister is coming to visit. Then yesterday I look at the calendar....And it's closer than I thought. All the things I need to get done before they show up. I don't want to leave things to the last minute. If I did that I would be exhausted before they showed up....And I have a little one that I want to play with!! I haven't seen him since he was a month old. The changes in him have to be great and I am looking forward to seeing all of them.

I am also excited for this visit for another reason. This is the first visit from any of my family since I became a "FREE" woman. The day everything was final...I was numb. The world was lifted from my shoulders. Yesterday I got my new license with my new name. How can anything compare to that??!!?? Not only am I free.....I have my own identity and make my own rules!! I received an e-mail from a friend yesterday that not only made me smile, but showed me just how strong I really am. "I am so entirely proud of your intense accomplishment of taking your life back into your own hands! Your strength and sense of purpose is phenomenal. And what a lucky duck J. is for having such a 'She-ra" type of woman in his life." This is coming from a wonderful woman full of strength and beauty. She can find the beauty in everything and she makes sure that it is known. Thanks A. for being there for me.

Showing off my new found freedom is not all I have for my sister. I have this love in my life that I am so ready to share with my family as well. He has been in my life for many years and now more than ever. He is a person I could always count on. He has walked this past year with me and showed me that there is love left in the world. He has helped me find my smile, my laugh, my heart, my love, and myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Always Around Kids said...

Hope you're baby-proofing! Your nephew is clearing tables, floors, etc. in a matter of seconds before moving on to wreak more havoc. ;)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Commander Family said...

You are so inspirational Mary! See, even I went to get my own blogspot the very night you told me about it!

I shall also hold true to my new life changes just as you have, and treasure each life lesson.

We shall not forget what has happened in our respective pasts.. and fortunately, bad things do help to change us for the better.

Onward and upward~ camander

7:22 AM  
Blogger mktonshores said...

Baby Proofing??!!?? I don't have enough time to wrap everything in bubble wrap. I am sure we will get by just fine. He can't wreak havoc if he isn't on the floor much. This aunt plans on holding him most of the time anyways!! :)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home