Saturday, April 21, 2007

Life is truly a Miracle.......

I have to say that after watching a lovely movie, I really have taken the time to reflect on my life. I took the time to watch "Stranger than Fiction" with Will Ferrell. At first I was not overly excited about the movie, but after watching it I now have a much better look at my life. It is weird that some of the strangest things can make you step back and take the 2 minutes to reflect on what you have lived through, what you are doing, and what your biggest dream is.

I know that every day I wake up there is a miracle. The miracle is opening my eyes and looking at the pillow next to mine. After my eyes have first opened.....I look at that pillow and smile. There may not be the other person laying there on that pillow....but the simple fact that it is there.

As I have posted about before...I had a new start to life. I walked out of a marriage (if you could call it that) that I was not happy with. It took me 6 years to finally have the strength to say I am worth more than this. (It also helped that I had a little angel.) I have an angel that I love so much. He can smile and make the world stop. I would do anything for him.....and there is nothing that I won't be there for now. I have lived through some rough times like most people do. I am not that much different from most people....unfortunately. I was raped. I know there are many people that can say that and it breaks my heart. I was young and believed that a man that I trusted would never hurt me. I was wrong.....and the pain it caused was great. I looked in the mirror for years believing there was something I did to ask for it. I blamed myself for the pain, the tears, the lies. It was not my fault. It never was but when you experience pain like that....it is easier to blame yourself. I look back now and believe that I never thought myself worthy of true happiness. Now I am here with my head held high because I am alive. The miracle of life for me is what I have gone through.

I have someone that loves me, someone that has shared many tears (from laughing to hard), smiles, and moments of silence. I can look in those eyes of his and know how he feels about me without him saying a word. The look on his face when I do something incredibly stupid, the smirk he gives me when I get clumsy, or the pose.....oh the pose of all poses. Just thinking of it makes me chuckle. I also have this wonderful job. I have to say that with this job I admire those that are truly considerate. It is amazing the people that must be unhappy in this world. I talk to people that yell at me for the littlest things. (It also matters that I work in the cell phone industry.) I am thanked everyday for my kindness, my upbeat tone in my voice, my concern for their problems. I was lucky when my parents taught me manners, or at least that is what I call them. I think the thing that baffles me are the people that call in and yell at you for 5 minutes straight....and then they want you to help them. I have no problem helping out when I can.....but the more you yell, the more time it takes for me to fix the problem. I guess when at the end of the night and I know I made one person smile, laugh, or take the time to get to know one of the customers.....my day was a success. I can say that I am truly happy with what I am doing.

My biggest dream is so extensive for me. I have so many things that I wish I could do, that I think I get lost and don't know where to start. I want to travel the world, I want to own a Dodge Challenger (even though that is a pretty big dream), I want to work with animals, I want to help people that truly need help, I want go to college (even though my interests change from year to year....so I would be the one to go to the same college for 10 years and not have a diploma or really a major), but most of all.....my biggest dream is that I made my mark. I want to be remembered. Not like being famous remembered....but by someone I admired. Someone like my sister. She has left that mark on me...so I hope I did the same for her. She has always shown strength, determination and most of all love. I want my family to have all the happiness there is and I want my nephew to grow up in a world that is much safer than it is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home